No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
Today’s recipe is dedicated to all those cheesecake lovers but dread making one. I am starting with the basics here so you gain some confidence making this silky, creamy, goodness – yes, it is a NO BAKE Cheesecake that you can stir up in minutes. When you are pressed for time and want to dish up something elegant that doesn’t take hours of prep – this is a great make ahead dessert and your guests will be drooling over it wondering if you have put in hours of labour making it.
Trust me it is sooo easy and definitely a must have in your ‘repertoire’. 🙂
Prep time: 15 mins
Serves: 8 – 10 persons
For the base
250 grams digestive biscuits
100 grams melted butter
For the filling
400g Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 can sweetened condensed milk
Zest of 1 lemon
2 lemons, juiced
- Line a 9 inch cake tin with baking paper or tin foil.
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a food processor or by hand until very small pieces are formed.
- Add the melted butter to bind the biscuit together. Press mixture into the lined tin. Place in the fridge to set while you prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk. Beat until smooth. Then add the zest and juice of 2 lemons and beat again until smooth and creamy. You can adjust the sweetness and add the entire can to your liking here. I prefer it to be less sweet.
- Pour mixture into refrigerated biscuit base and return to the fridge until ready to serve.
There you have it – ‘Labour of your Love’. Isn’t it gorgeous. 🙂
Do let me know with pictures how it turned for you. All suggestions and feedback is welcome. Also let me know if you want a specific recipe to be published.
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,
Sharing is Caring
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)