If you love the flavor of caramel and the chewy gooey consistency of a toffee; here is a cake for you. This cake happened to me since my sweet tooth was craving chocolate chip muffins one evening after dinner. Unfortunately my pantry didn’t have any chocolate chips left..But I found these beautiful toffee chips instead! So toffee cake it was..
The chill here makes me want the scent of baking a cake in my kitchen. The aroma of toffee is just that perfect cosy feeling with a hot cup of tea…
P.S: I am a big fan of portion control, so this cake is getting into the muffin tray. 😛
80gms unsalted Butter, softened
150gms light muscovado sugar
2 Eggs lightly beaten
180gms All purpose flour
50gms chopped dates
50gms chopped walnuts ( optional)
60gms toffee chips
1tsp Bicarbonate of soda
1tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Line a 12 hole muffin tray with baking cases.
- While the oven preheats, cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- When the colour turns pale add the eggs one at a time along with the vanilla extract.
- At this point you may feel that the mixture is curdled. Don’t fret, if so then, add a little flour.
- Fold in the rest of the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt with a rubber spatula.
- Finally add in the toffee chips, dates and walnuts.
- Fill the muffin cases to three quarters and bake for 20-25 minutes or until risen and golden brown in colour. The browning will be darker here due to the muscovado sugar giving them a delicious caramel flavour.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,
Sharing is Caring
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)