The barbecues have finally come out and the beaches are full. Looks like summer is finally here to stay. And so is the time to have my favourite summery drink. 🙂
If you have known me a tad bit from my previous blogs The Versatile Blogger Award, you know that I love Mangoes. It is truly the King of Fruits devoured by many. Today I present this King in one of the most popular known forms – Mango Lassi. It is not only super delicious but also the easiest to make within minutes.
Lassi is a popular summer drink made from yogurt – relished in both it’s sweet or salty variety. The sweet version can include many different types of fruits for variations. Be creative!
Being away from India, we have missed eating juicy mangoes through the summer for years now. Mangoes found in the Danish supermarkets are less sweet and more fibrous. So I prefer using store bought mango pulp from the Indian store to make a smooth lassi.
You should not however mistake a Lassi for a Milkshake. As the name Milkshake suggests it contains milk and icecream while Lassi is a thick and creamy yogurt drink.
With no further, adieu here is the recipe for Mango Lassi..
Serves 3 -4
Prep time: 5 mins
400ml natural unsweetened yogurt
400ml mango pulp
4 tsp caster sugar (optional)
2-3 Mint leaves crushed
- Whisk or blend yogurt for a few seconds until smooth. I used Greek yogurt here. If you find it too think add a dash of water to loosen it. Not too much – you do not want a watery Lassi.
- Blend the mango pulp in yogurt until you see everything well combined. I find the store bought mango pulp sweet enough to skip the sugar. Adjust sweetness as per your taste.
- Add crushed mint leaves and whiz again for few seconds.
- Garnish with mint leaves
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,
Sharing is Caring
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)