Avocado or Butter fruit as it is commonly known, has a special place in my heart. This fruit brings back a lot of fond memories from my native Coorg. For those who don’t know Coorg, it is one of the most beautiful hill stations in Southern India. The British rightly named it the ‘Scotland of India’. Coorg is a region with intense pride and history. You will find yourselves amidst lush green hills, martial men and beautiful women. Coorg is also native to acres of lovely coffee plantations, orange, pepper, cardamom, vanilla, honey. Butter fruit is among the many special fruits you can find here.
All our school summer vacations were spent amidst these beautiful plantations and fruit plucking expeditions with cousins :). I remember my Aunt filling in our bags with all the lovely produce so we could enjoy it back home in Pune. Those were some days :).
The taste of avocado is smooth and—as namesake – buttery. Its flavor is mellow and yet the blandness is rectified by the addition of simple salt, pepper, or in some recipes, even sugar which makes it a beloved fruit. It is also packed with nutrients making it one of most healthy foods.
For years, I only knew one way of eating it – mashed with little sugar or honey and enjoyed it. This recipe is an upgrade to how I have enjoyed it. I hope you like it as well.
Prep time: 5 mins
2 ripe large Avocados
2 cups milk
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract ( optional)
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp honey or sugar
1. In a blender, puree all the ingredients. The lemon juice delays the blackening of avocado.
2. Serve immediately with ice
As easy as that 🙂
Thanks for visiting.
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,
Sharing is Caring
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)