Avocado Lime Muffins
I am a big fan of using up all my ripe fruits in recipes. One, I am not guilty of throwing it away and two I am so happy that something that would have otherwise landed into the dustbin has turned into something so beautiful. That feels really good 🙂
When you find yourself with an abundance of ripe avocados try these. Whether its breakfast muffins or an afternoon snack, this recipe is just the ticket.
113 g unsalted butter; at room temperature
133ml buttermilk; at room temperature
265 g caster sugar
265 g plain flour
2 large eggs; at room temperature
1 ripe avocado
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees C.
- Line muffin pan with muffin liners and set aside.
- Sift all dry ingredients except sugar together and set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter together. Add eggs one at a time until the batter is fluffy and pale yellow.
- Stir in mashed avocado, lime juice, buttermilk and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not overmix else your muffins will be dense.
- Spoon the mixture 3/4th full evenly into the muffin liners. I use an ice cream scoop so I get equal sized muffins.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes at 180 degrees C or do a toothpick test. Remove from heat and cool.
Enjoy these light muffins with your favourite cuppa’ coffee. 🙂
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Thanks for stopping by!
Love & Hugs,
Sharing is Caring
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)