I usually prefer to keep my cakes simple and naked. If I do use a frosting recipe; it is got to be simple to make and not complicated. Here is the recipe I most commonly use to frost my cakes. The ratio is simple 1:2 – for one cup of butter double the icing sugar. Absolutely no fuss right 🙂 You can add any kind of flavouring or colour to tint the frosting.
140g butter, softened
280g icing sugar
2-3 tbsp milk
1tsp vanilla extract
Few drops food colouring of your choice
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until soft.
- Add half of the icing sugar and beat until smooth on a low speed to begin with. Cover your bowl with a cloth if you want to avoid your kitchen countertop with sugar all over.
- Add the remaining icing sugar and one tablespoon of the milk and beat the mixture until creamy and smooth. Beat in the milk, if necessary, to loosen the mixture. I used 2.5 tbsp in all.
- Stir in the food colouring until well combined.
- Transfer to a piping bag and use a spatula to frost your cakes.
- This can frost one 8 inch cake or 12 cupcakes.
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,