I have been on a baking spree this last week. My little girl turned 6 mid last week. Needless to say the celebrations spilled over to the weekend and me stressed for the whole week. No, it is not he baking that stresses me out. The whole planning process and worry if the event will run through without a hitch keep me on my toes. I was cooking for a large group of 30 – who wouldn’t worry? The distressing part was the baking. I love the process of putting together handful of ingredients and see it turn into a gorgeous piece of soft pillow that can be devoured. 🙂 The party was a hit. I will talk more about it and the menu I prepared later in my forthcoming posts. For now more on the Eggless Baking series – here is a chocolate version of the Eggless cake. I made this batch to be sent out to my daughter’s school. And of course, it turned out delicious 🙂 I will jump right to the recipe.
120g or 1 cup all purpose Flour
60ml or 1/4 cup oil
120g or 3/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder
175ml or 3/4 cup hot water
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tbsp Lemon Juice or vinegar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
½ cup chocolate chips
Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees C.
- Grease and prepare a muffin tray or use liners as I have.
- Meanwhile sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda together. Add sugar to the sifted dry ingredients.
- Whisk together in a separate bowl the oil, essence, and hot water
- Fold in the flour mixture gently with a spatula just until well combined. Ensure no flour pockets are left unstirred at the base of the bowl. Add the vinegar and mix.
- At this point add chocolate chips* to the batter and fold once again.
- Pour the mixture using an ice cream scoop into the muffin liners. This will give you evenly distributed cupcakes.
- Bake 170 degrees C for 14 – 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool it completely.
P.S: * I had little eyes watching me over on chocolatey I add to the cake batter. Apparently it wasn’t enough so they added few chips into the muffin liners and topped it again with some more Choco chips 🙂
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,