Roses!! These are not just a feast to the eyes but also your palette. Yes, these are edible apple rosettes. I just had to try them. These gorgeous and beautiful edible roses have gone viral on the Internet Space. I saw it first on Pinterest and since then there have been million renditions of it everywhere. Since I set on my eyes on this, I scribbled it on my ‘To- do’ list. Strangely it took me an year before I got to make them. I wonder why!?!– It is incredibly easy and I usually have all these ingredients in my pantry almost all times. Well I finally got to make them last week, mainly because I need a quick fix for a dessert. Don’t they look so adorable and elegant.
For 6 Apple Roses:
2 large red apple
1 sheet of puff pastry
1 tablespoon strawberry preserve
cinnamon sugar as needed
powdered sugar, optional
- Cut apples in half. Core and slice into 2-3 mm thin.
- Dust with cinnamon sugar and gently mix the apples. Be careful not to break the slices.
- Microwave for approx. 2 minutes to soften the apples. This step makes the apples pliable and easy to fold the pastry sheet around it.
- Remove the puff pastry from the fridge, and roll 3 mm thick. Cut into 6 rectangular pieces – each being 3-4 cm wide, 25 cm long strips.
- Microwave the strawberry jam for about 30 seconds. Apply on the puff pastry strip. This will help the apples adhere to the pastry and also enhance the flavour. You could use any jam / preserve of your choice here. If you do not have any, just use melted butter.
- Arrange the apple slices on the sheet, so that they overlap each other.
- Roll and transfer to a greased muffin tray. You see the roll converts them into beautiful roses.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is well browned.
- Transfer to your serving plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I had mine warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. Slurp!! I couldn’t get a click of that – I just couldn’t wait to get a bite of it.
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,
Sharing is Caring
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)