I am bringing another healthy and easy snack/starter version. ‘Hara’ in Hindi, translated to English means ‘Green’. So it is obvious that the cutlet is super healthy with loads of green vegetables in it. You can improvise and add any green vegetables to the list below. This is my favourite combination.
2 cup spinach
2 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
1 cup peas, boiled and mashed
1 cup chopped coriander and mint leaves
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp red chili powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp dry mango powder
1 green chili, finely chopped
1 tsp, ginger grated
1 cup semolina
Salt to taste
oil for frying
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch the spinach for 5 mins until the leaves are wilted.
- Drain properly and run it under cold water. Finely chop the spinach and keep aside.
- In another bowl combine chopped spinach leaves, mashed peas, mashed potatoes, chopped mint and coriander leaves.
- Add ginger, salt and the listed spice powders.
- Mix well until everything is combined. Taste to check seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Shape into cutlets or any shape as you desire.
- Roll on semolina before shallow frying on both sides until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot with green mint chutney and sauce.
Do give it try and let me know how it turned out for you.
Do visit my Facebook page My Culinary Saga and Like the page to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,