I love brownies – they are too hard to resist. I know I know – I have already shared my Ultimate Brownie recipe with you all earlier. But this one is special because this is gluten- free and yet so rich and fudgy. Trust me you cannot miss making this. I had the perfect recipe for brownies that’s been a crowd pleaser but missed one that I could use for the gluten intolerant friends for my dinners or get together. I was looking for a recipe that would serve and satisfy all and not compromise on the taste or texture. I have tried the flourless versions of brownies before but never achieved the same shiny crackly top. But this recipe below is a winner. An absolute Winner – hands down!
The secret is cornstarch. I loved how these turned out. This gluten free or flourless brownie is definitely a keeper in my repertoire.
Try it to believe it – this is chocolatey, rich, fudgy and has that perfect shiny and chewy crackly top.
330g semisweet chocolate chips
80g or 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
180g or 3/4 cup sugar
40 g or 1/3 cup cornstarch
30 g or 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
80g or 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Lightly butter an 10-inch square baking pan or a rectangular pan and line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides. This makes it easy to lift the brownie once baked.
- Sift together cornstarch, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and chocolate in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until melted and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla extract in the chocolate.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir vigorously until mixture is smooth. Mix in the walnuts at this point of time.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes at 170 degrees C.
- Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Using paper overhang, lift the brownie out of pan and cut into squares.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Do give this a try and let me know how it turns out. If you send me a pic of your creation; I shall include it in the Reader’s testimonial Album on my facebook page. So get to baking right away!
Do visit my Facebook page My Culinary Saga and Like the page to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,