Beetroot & Grape Juice
Health is on my mind this year. I resolved to better myself with regular exercise and a healthy diet. ( Remember the extra kilos, that I carried on from India) 🙂 But as they say New Year’s resolutions are like babies: They’re fun to make but extremely difficult to maintain. Frankly, I haven’t kept the first part of the resolution 🙂 What I am doing however regularly as a ritual, is providing; a healthy diet and food to my family and me. One of the best and easy ways to include a well-balanced, plant-based diet daily is juicing. Beetroot juice every morning has become a ritual with us now.
Beetroot juice is great a stamina booster, improves blood flow, and helps lower blood pressure. Beets are a good source of potassium, vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants, as well as nitrates. I am no nutrition specialist so I will leave out further details and bore you. But I can say this from personal experience that it does feel good. Routine can be boring, so to tweek the juice each day, I try and add different fruits and veggies. One of the combinations I like is grapes along with beets. It’s so delicious, will give your body a burst of energy and has a gorgeous colour.
For anyone new to juicing, this may not perhaps be the best choice for your first juice but if you love beetroots then go for it!
2 cups red grapes
Water as needed
- Wash grapes and beetroots well.
- Peel the beets and remove grapes from its stem.
- Blend together adding little water.
- Strain the contents through a fine sieve and dilute as needed. Alternatively you can add all ingredients through juicer.
- Drink immediately.
Stay healthy and be fit.
Do give this a try and let me know how it turns out. If you send me a snapshot of your creation; I shall include it in the Reader’s testimonial Album on my facebook page. Happy juicing 🙂
Do visit my Facebook page My Culinary Saga and Like the page to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,
Sharing is Caring
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)