I have a full house lately with 3 chirpy little ones and feet all over. Thankfully the weather has been kind enough and girls have been enjoying the company of their elder cousin brother playing in the garden and inventing new games 🙂 Listening to their cheer and laughter is like music to my ears.
With energies at an all-time high, these little stomachs demand for something special every now and then. Cakes make it to the top list almost every time. 🙂 My darling nephew wondered why I hadn’t baked a cake for almost 2 weeks since he had arrived and demanded I bake a simple chocolate cake for him. It’s amazing how these little things never go unnoticed. While these gestures may seem trivial to adults, they go a long way with little ones.
With busy schedules, running the kids to activities and coordinating schedules, keeping the little ones happy and content is almost an uphill task. But this cake is a sure shot winner. So, on the blog today, simple yet heavenly moist chocolate cupcakes with chocolate ganache frosting. I do have an Eggless chocolate chip cake recipe written earlier but this one is my go-to recipe. Its quick and simple. You can easily convert this recipe to a cake instead of cupcakes – ensure you increase the bake time accordingly.
Makes 16 cupcakes
1/2 cup or 50 gms Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1 cup or 240 ml boiling hot water
1 1/3 cups or 175 gms all-purpose flour
1 cup or 200 gms sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup or 113 gms unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tbsp yogurt
1 tsp oil
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Ganache Whipped Frosting:
235 gm semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
1 cup or 235 ml heavy cream
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly butter a muffin pan with 16 muffin paper liners.
- In a small bowl stir the boiling hot water and cocoa powder. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Take a separate bowl to beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and beat only until well mixed and you see no streaks of flour.
- Slowly add the cooled cocoa mixture and stir until smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup about two-thirds full with batter and bake for about 15 – 18 minutes until risen, or when a toothpick inserted into a cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- To make the chocolate ganache, coarsely chop chocolate.
- Bring cream just to a boil over medium-high heat and pour over chocolate.
- Add salt and let it stand for 10 minutes without stirring
- Then stir with a whisk until smooth and shiny to break up any pieces and combine cream and chocolate. Let ganache cool to room temperature, stirring often approx. an hour.
- Then beat it with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until paler and fluffy for approx. 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a disposable pastry bag with a tip of your choice or just spread with a spoon on top of the muffin.
- Once the cupcakes have completely cooled, frost with ganache frosting.
Enjoy Do subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,