Ever felt overworked, stressed, frazzled, sucker punched in the gut and taken for granted. Or as if all the air was sucked out of you. I have for long been trying to shut down that part of my mind and let go, but deep down something keeps pulling me down. Wish I could blame it to the winter blues but my mood keeps falling as fast as a thermometer.
I love my life as is, but all I can feel lately is sadness and stress. This is so unlike me for I always wear a smile and see the positive side of things. I have handled it all so far. The truth is we all underestimate how much of an arresting effect our emotions have over us and our otherwise rational nature and logic. In dire need of some clarity of why things must be so complicated when it can be simple…
Guess it’s my ability to trust easily, overpowering desire to nurture all relationships and invest 100% in whatever I do. And all you get in return is ungratefulness or close to nil reciprocation. It’s not expectations that makes me speak this language of distress but about having basic courtesies in place. Sometimes I feel I could do better without this annoying threshold to keep patience and suffer no matter how much pain it causes.
Sorry about that guys, but I needed to get it out of my system. Done with my rambling for now. Sure, each one of us has such days. Especially with how fast-paced and hectic life is today. There’s always something we’re missing or behind on.
Whatever or however my days are, I try and live my life as the old saying goes: ‘You catch more bees with honey.’ This belief will stay with me forever.
Another way to UP my mood? Yes, of course – Baking. Pessimists may wonder how baking or having desserts can bring down stress level or solve problems. My reply – ‘Desserts’ is ‘Stressed’ spelled backwards 🙂 At least binging on some goodies helps serving the sweet tooth and brings on a deluge of – The Happy Hormone.
So, throwing a little sweetness your way today with some delicious Nutella Brownies. This recipe will stay registered in your head for life for it needs only 3 main ingredients 🙂 Sounds easy right! It is and to die for.
Keep smiling my lovelies! 🙂
1 1/4 cups or 400g jar of Nutella
1/2 cup or 60g self-raising flour
2 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan with butter paper, leaving an overhang on all sides. This will help to easily lift the brownies out of the pan when cool.
- Beat Nutella, eggs and vanilla extract on medium speed until fluffy
- Add the flour, salt and chopped walnuts at this point, mixing it just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake the brownies for 30 minutes approx. keeping an eye on them as they will burn quickly.
- Check with a toothpick for doneness, remove and allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack.
- Once cool, lift the butter paper off the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into squares
And there you go; they are ready in a jiffy 🙂
Enjoy Do subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,
Sharing is Caring
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)