Aloo Tikki Recipe
Indian street food like Aloo Tikki is every chaat lover’s delight and the perfect evening snack.
Aloo Tikki is very popular mainly in North India. It is made using boiled potatoes and various aromatic spices and herbs. Crispy on the outside and soft inside topped with Sev & served with green chutney, tamarind chutney and yoghurt. It is a delight to look at and delicious to eat. It is one of the quick snacks to make and very filling.
Street food isn’t just a passing fashion. It’s a new way of experiencing the age-old relationship between a society and its food. It has its own roots and is reinvented every day in new ways that are innovative, surprising, practical and above all, delicious. Street food today is glam, gourmet and trendy. It is talked about and boasted about.
Here is how to make Aloo Tikki my way:
4 large potatoes (boiled, peeled & cooled)
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 tsp red chilli powder
1tsp garam masala
1 tsp chaat masala
1/2 tsp Black Salt
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
3-4 tbsp Rice flour (optional to bind)
Coriander leaves finely chopped
Bread crumbs to coat
Oil – to cook
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except bread crumbs
- Make 8 portions and flatten them a little like a flat patty or cutlet
- On a flat plate, spread the bread crumbs. Now roll the patty to coat with breadcrumbs evenly.
- Heat a pan or griddle with 2 tsp oil.
- Once hot, place the Tikki and cook until brown on both sides smearing oil in between if needed
- Serve with Mint & Coriander Chutney & Tamarind chutney.
- Garnish as desired! Enjoy.
For more cutlet recipes try:
Do try this recipe and also, visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Have a lovely week ahead.
Love & Hugs,