Bale Murukk (Coorg Banana Fritters)
If I had to choose one recipe to make with ripe bananas besides my Classic Banana Bread, I would go the traditional route and make Ball Murukk (Coorg Banana Fritters).
For one, it’s so easy, quick, and the results are utterly delicious and quite irresistible with almost no effort at all. These little treats are crisp on the outside, and velvety soft on the inside, with small bursts of cardamom, all wrapped up in the sweetness of ripe banana.
Those who have never tasted them, eat one, hesitantly, and then reach for a second and third, very quickly. Trying to stay within the bounds of politeness, you might observe guests surreptitiously picking up two or three at a time, hoping not to be noticed.
These Coorg Banana Fritters are simple, quick, addictive and not to forget such a humble & comforting treat. You could be well on your way straight in 30 mins from preparation to when the sweet scent of the fritter’s drifts in the house, and before long, the entire batch would vanish.
Bale murukk keeps very well, stored in stainless-steel tins, or glass jars and can be served hot or cold. Hope you like this version of banana fritters and do give it a try.
6 – 8 ripe bananas
5 tbps rice powder
2 tbps all-purpose flour
a pinch of salt
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
oil for deep frying
- Mash the ripe bananas thoroughly
- Mix, by hand, the cardamom powder, salt, and all-purpose flour to bind the mixture
- Add the rice powder 1 tbsp at a time until you have a mixture is thick but of dropping consistency
- Heat the oil in a deep bottomed pan, and drop in the batter using a tablespoon or using your fingers to make lemon sized balls
- Fry until well browned
- Enjoy with a hot cup of Coffee or Ginger Tea
Sign up with your email and do subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Try my other banana bread recipes:
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,