Ultimate chocolate brownies
Who can ever resist this dark, seductive and deliciously scrumptious bite! I haven’t come across anyone till date who doesn’t like a brownie. This cross between a cake and cookie is simply to die for.
What does the perfect brownie mean to me? – A crackly shiny top and a gooey and fudgy center! Ah actually; a bit chewy as well 🙂 There are a million recipes out there and honestly you have to find the one you like best and stick to it. I stuck to the one below for over 7 years now.. and I simply love it. Everyone who has tried it my place has appreciated it. It has been one my favourite holiday giveaway gift. So here it is..
200 gms light brown sugar
200 gms butter
150 gms chopped chocolate
100 gms flour
50 gms unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
3 ml vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Prepare and grease a 9″x13″ baking pan with butter.
- Microwave butter and chocolate chips together for 1.5 mins in 30 second intervals to melt. Stir in between each interval.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- When the chocolate/butter mixture has cooled a little; whisk in the eggs and vanilla. This technique of mixing helps achieve the dense and gooey interior.
- Combine the brown sugar until dissolved.
- Add the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Place the pan in the centre rack of the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Check at 35 mins mark with a toothpick or a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the brownie so it is easy to slice and serve.
I personally like to serve it warm. Microwave the brownie for 20 seconds and top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This ought to be life’s simplest and yet the best pleasures! 🙂
- Increase the quantity of flour to 125 grams if you prefer a cake like texture in the brownie.
- I find the brown sugar caramelizes better and gives the chewy texture to the brownie. But you can replace with white sugar instead.
- Do not use chocolate chips. Use the best 70% cocoa chocolate bar instead. Ditch the inferior products if you want an amazing brownie.
- Always use room temperature eggs.
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also if you are interested try these recipes:
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Instagram Handle: @my_culinary_saga
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,