Avocado Banana Bread
Firstly I want to thank all my lovely readers for their encouragement. It is a pleasure to write and share recipes with you all.
I am here again with another banana recipe. If you have read my earlier post on Warm Banana Cake ; you will know that I simply love using this fruit in my baking. Banana also acts as a great egg substitute. (½ pureed banana = 1 egg)
And just when you thought this recipe is good, it becomes awesome when you add the avocados to it. It is a great way to use up all those ripe goodies languishing in the fruit basket. Especially when you have tons of it.
1/2 cup (about 1 medium) mashed avocado
1/2 cup (about 2 small) mashed ripe bananas
2 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a sandwich tin with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocado and bananas.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl, then add flour, salt and baking soda.
- Crack the eggs one at a time and then add to the bowl. Never crack the eggs directly into the mixing bowl ( you do not want bad eggs or egg shells in your bread do you 😛 )
- Add the mashed puree and on slow speed, beat for 2 minutes until smooth. The mixture should be soft & airy enough to drop off the beaters when you lift them up. Stir in the walnuts & pistachios.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared tin and level the surface. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- The cake is ready when they are risen and should spring back when lightly pressed. Cool for about 5 minutes before loosening the edges with a knife.
- Remove the cooled cake onto a rack.
All that is left to do is ‘Enjoy’ the bread and ‘Eat’ it too!
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,