Classic Banana Bread
When life gives you bananas, make Banana Bread!😊
What do you do with over-ripe fruits that are past their prime state? My stomach twitches in pain to throw it away. So, I try and do quick fixes and add them to my baked goodies. Not only do they taste great but also a great way to cut down on artificial sweeteners. Today I share with you my recipe for a Classic Banana Bread.
This recipe has all the hallmarks of classic banana bread—it’s decadently fluffy and moist. When it comes to this, the browner the bananas, the better. It is my perfect healthy banana bread recipe! This recipe is so super easy that I could bake this in my sleep and would still turn out perfect every time. I have made this recipe a countless number of times and it’s my healthier alternative for a cake to go with my evening tea. *I completely omit the honey or sugar depending on how sweet and overripe the bananas are. This recipe is so versatile – you can easily tweak it to make it your own by adding nuts, spices, chocolate chips to it. Great recipe and a must try for novice bakers.
Try my other banana bread recipes:
4 overripe Bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup oil
¼ cup honey or sugar* (optional)
1 & ½ cups wheat flour or all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and line a 9 x 5-inch bread loaf pan.
- In a big mixing bowl, mash the overripe bananas with an electric mixer until smooth.
- To this add honey or sugar, oil, egg, vanilla extract and mix until completely incorporated. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the banana mix, and mix until all the flour is disappeared. Do not overmix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake at 180 degrees C for approx. 60 mins, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool on a rack for at least 30 minutes. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. Though simple am taking this to Fiesta Friday #214 co-hosted by Antonia of Zoale with Abbey of Three Cats and a Girl,
Also, visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Have a lovely weekend.
Love & Hugs,