Chocolate Banana Muffins
Chocolate and Banana is a match made in heaven! Don’t you agree? If you do, then you have to try these super simple Chocolate Banana Muffins. By now you know I am a fan of using of overripe fruits in my bakes and banana always tops that list. And this surprises me the most – with quite a few recipes on my blog that use up banana – I have never included one with Chocolate?!? I am going to make up for that today.
These Chocolate Banana Muffins are the easiest, super moist, soft, and the best ever. I wouldn’t mind starting my day with a muffin like that. Or should I say, it makes for a perfect dessert for the end of the day. Rich and intense chocolate flavor combined with sweet taste of banana. I love making these, since it is a great way to add fruits to bakes and makes it a tad healthier. Plus, kids love it.
This batch of muffins goes to a passionate football coach and bunch of little feet that have so sincerely given their best practicing and mastering the game of football this past fall season. My daughter insisted that we bake some cakes to celebrate the end of indoor season and share with her teammates. I am so proud of my girl! 🙂
That’s her team:
I have said enough already about how awesome they taste and how moist the texture is. Here is how to make Chocolate Banana Muffins?
Makes 24 medium sized muffins or 12 large muffins
210g or 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
35g or 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
10g or 2.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 large ripe bananas mashed
150g or ¾ cup granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
120ml or ½ cup oil
60ml or ¼ cup milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
120g or ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two muffin pans with muffin liners.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cocoa, and salt in a small bowl.
- In another mixing bowl stir mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla, oil, milk and sugar until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and stir to combine. Do not over mix
- Fold in chocolate chips until just combined.
- Divide batter into muffin liners using an ice-cream scoop till ¾ full.
- Bake for 18 minutes at 180°C until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days or in refrigerator for longer
For the banana lovers out there try these other recipes:
Enjoy! Happy Weekend.
Sign up with your email and do subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,