Easy Blueberry Clafoutis
Even during the best of times, rest and relaxation are an important component of maintaining your overall well-being. And in the summer, what better way to relax than a vacation. And we had big plans – we were planning to fly across to Indonesia. Alas! COVID had other plans.
I have no reason to complain, we are safe, together and that’s most important. So, we got to make the best of the time and vacations staying in Denmark. Which is not bad either 😊 We have a lot of home projects to work on. I am officially switching off my laptop today for the next 3 weeks and so much looking forward to the break. It is not yet clear how this pandemic will impact us on the other side of summer. Hope you all will stay safe and healthy.
I am sharing a quick and easy blueberry clafoutiswith fruit strewn at the bottom and a pancake-like batter on top. In the oven, the fruit bakes into the batter, melding the two perfectly. I used blueberries here but you can use any summer fruit of your choice.
Perfect for you all to try. The measurements are so easy to remember that you shall be able to make this even in your sleep. 2 cups fruits: 1 cup of flour, sugar, and milk each.
So go ahead and do try this Easy Blueberry clafoutis.
2 cups fresh/frozen blueberries
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar, divided
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1 tbsp cornflour / cornstarch
1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Add butter to an 8-inch square baking pan
- Place pan in the preheated oven for 3 minutes or until butter melts
- In a bowl, add the blueberries with 1 tablespoon sugar and cornflour. Set aside for 5 mins
- While butter melts, combine flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl; stir with a whisk until blended
- Combine milk, lemon rind, and vanilla;
- Add to flour mixture, stirring with a whisk just until well combined
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and transfer the blueberries on top of the melted butter.
- Pour batter over the blueberries (do not stir)
- Bake at 180°C for 30 to 45 minutes or until bubbly and crust is lightly browned.
- Serve hot with ice cream
For more recipes with blueberries:
Please subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,