Blueberry and Coffee Cake
Hey my lovely peeps, How have you all been? It has been great my side. So much has been going on lately that if I start now, I might forget to talk about the recipe that I planned to share. So much looking forward to the Christmas break. The past month has been quite a whirlwind settling into a lot of new things and been too busy to notice the difference in weather signals. Speaking of which, is it just me or you feel it too – the year just flew past. I was amidst admiring the changing colours of trees and the falling autumn leaves and before I knew the whispering winter has set in. Good thing that nature welcomes the change.
Coming back to the recipe, did I tell you I have a new kitchen? A kitchen that I am so happy to create new recipes and cook in. Well, my first bake in the new kitchen was a Blueberry and Coffee Cake. The recipe, however, is not new – It is one of those recipes I use the most when blueberries are in season. Definitely one of my favourite cakes. You must have guessed by now, about my love affair with blueberries. It is the perfect cake for a brunch or high tea and the subtle hint of coffee adds to the flavour. Hope you give this a try and guarantee you will love it too. You won’t stop eating just one slice of it.
205g or 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
350g or 1.5 cups white sugar
55g or ¼ cup brown sugar
1 tsp instant coffee powder
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
225g or 1 cup butter, softened
250ml or 1 cup greek yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
145g or 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
60g or ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Start by preheating the oven to 170 degrees C. Grease and line with parchment paper a 9-inch pan. This will help in clean removal of cake and easy clean up later.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the Greek yoghurt and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Fold in blueberries and walnuts at this point with the dry ingredients. This is will ensure that the berries don’t sink to the bottom while baking.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the batter just until well blended. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and level it down.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes in the preheated oven at 170 degrees. Please note that if you are using frozen blueberries, the baking time will increase due the moisture content. Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Let it cool in the pan over a wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving or as is.
Enjoy! Do check some other berry recipes I have on the blog.
Banana blueberry smoothie Bread
Do subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Sharing my cake with Fiesta Friday & Cookblogshare this week.
Love & Hugs,
28 thoughts on “Blueberry and Coffee Cake”
Your blueberry cake looks delicious. I love blueberry too.
Thank you so much Irene 😊🎂
Lovely fruity cake very apt for this coming festive season.
Thank you so much Soma 🙂
I love using blueberries in cakes, the cake always tastes better, this cake is made for a lazy Sunday!
you are absolutely right 🙂 perfect for lazy days
Rich, full of flavor, tantalizing, tempting, moist, pleasant etc.
Thank you so much Didi 🙂
Blueberry and coffee cake sounds delicious and your pics are so tempting, wish I was your neighbour.
🙂 So glad you like it Jagruti… Come over will make some for you!
Oh yummy! Those blueberries poking out of the side of the cake are really tempting me! I’ve never had coffee and blueberries in a cake before but would love to try this – blueberries are my favourite fruit to put in muffins and I can never resist coffee so I know I’d love it.
Thanks for stopping by Corina 🙂 yes I am sure you will love the flavours together..
This looks awesome. It must be bursting with flavours.
Thanks Jayashree! Yes it’s a simple subtle flavors but tastes delicious
Super lovely bake, Trupti! I have to try coffee and blueberry combination in a cake, sounds great! New kitchen, so awesome:)
Thanks so much Freda. I absolutely love the combination.. sure you will too. Ya.. A new house actually and redid the kitchen 🙂 super exciting
Congrats dear 🙂
This is looking absolutely scrumptious…loved it☺
Thank you soo much 🙂
What an unusual combination…but I love both blueberries AND coffee – so I really want to try this! Thanks for linking up to #CookBlogShare this week. Eb x
Thank you so much Eb 🙂 I shall be glad if you try and do let me know..
This is my favorite cake and it looks absolutely delicious !
Mine too 🙂 thanks dear
yum! looks so good!!
Thank you jess 🙂
This is an interesting combination Trupti. The cake looks delicious😊👌
Thanks so much darling