Warm Banana Cake
This is one recipe that I have made over and over – One because I always end up with so many ripe bananas. Two, I simply love this recipe. It is a tried, tested recipe & turns out perfect every time not to forget it is simply delicious.
If you ever have over-ripened bananas; that you are tempted to toss in the bin – STOP right there! Try this recipe and I guarantee you will love it as much as I enjoy making it. 🙂
100g chocolate chip
190g soft light brown sugar
2 large free-range eggs
200g self-raising flour
2 bananas, mashed
Chopped walnuts (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Grease a muffin pan or any other mould you prefer. The batter makes 12-14 cakes depending on the size of mould you choose.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer until light and pale. Add one egg at a time, mixing after each addition, until well incorporated.
- Fold the flour, bananas, chocolate and vanilla extract into the mixture until you have a smooth batter. Add the walnuts. Divide the mixture equally using an ice-cream scoop and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick into the centre of one of the cakes, if it comes out clean, the cakes are ready. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before inverting it onto serving plates.
- Serve covered in the hot salted caramel sauce.
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,