Roses!! These are not just a feast to the eyes but also your palette. Yes, these are edible apple rosettes. I just had to try them. These gorgeous and beautiful edible roses have gone viral on the Internet Space. I saw it first on Pinterest and since then there have been million renditions of it everywhere. Since I set on my eyes on this, I scribbled it on my ‘To- do’ list. Strangely it took me an year before I got to make them. I wonder why!?!– It is incredibly easy and I usually have all these ingredients in my pantry almost all times. Well I finally got to make them last week, mainly because I need a quick fix for a dessert. Don’t they look so adorable and elegant.
For 6 Apple Roses:
2 large red apple
1 sheet of puff pastry
1 tablespoon strawberry preserve
cinnamon sugar as needed
powdered sugar, optional
- Cut apples in half. Core and slice into 2-3 mm thin.
- Dust with cinnamon sugar and gently mix the apples. Be careful not to break the slices.
- Microwave for approx. 2 minutes to soften the apples. This step makes the apples pliable and easy to fold the pastry sheet around it.
- Remove the puff pastry from the fridge, and roll 3 mm thick. Cut into 6 rectangular pieces – each being 3-4 cm wide, 25 cm long strips.
- Microwave the strawberry jam for about 30 seconds. Apply on the puff pastry strip. This will help the apples adhere to the pastry and also enhance the flavour. You could use any jam / preserve of your choice here. If you do not have any, just use melted butter.
- Arrange the apple slices on the sheet, so that they overlap each other.
- Roll and transfer to a greased muffin tray. You see the roll converts them into beautiful roses.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is well browned.
- Transfer to your serving plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
I had mine warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. Slurp!! I couldn’t get a click of that – I just couldn’t wait to get a bite of it.
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,
27 thoughts on “Apple Rosettes”
These are so gorgeous! Would definitely be a great way to show off at a dinner. Beautiful and tasty!
Absolutely Beth 😀👌🏼
Thanks btw 🙂
So pretty!!! I know how hard it can be to make these things!!
Oh Thank you so much for stopping by 🙂
Thank you so much dear Lyn 😘
Thank you so much!
So beautiful Trupti 🙂 These have been on my mind since long, not getting time to make though 🙂
Thanks 🙂 really I don’t know why I was putting them as well.., it’s so quick do try them! It only looks like it has to be handcrafted 😂 with detail
Reblogged this on MAXIMUSOPTIMUSDOMINUS.
A sumptuous floral start for a friday!!! <3
And a special bouquet of ROSEtteS for you 😉
You have a way with your words 🙂 thanks Joe. Have a superb weekend.
And you too T!!! <3
Beautiful simply beautiful. These are on my to do list too since they became viral . I think your post has inspired me enough to try them. Its now or never 😉
Go for it girl 😘😍 do let me know when you try them
Wooooow so gorgeous and Innovative
Thank you Linda 😘
Thanks dear 🙂
So beautiful and yumm these look☺ perfect!
🙂 🙂 thank you!
Thank you so much for the tag 🙂