Classic ButterCream Recipe
I usually prefer to keep my cakes simple and naked. If I do use a frosting recipe; it is got to be simple to make and not complicated. Here is the recipe I most commonly use to frost my cakes. The ratio is simple 1:2 – for one cup of butter double the icing sugar. Absolutely no fuss right 🙂 You can add any kind of flavouring or colour to tint the frosting.
140g butter, softened
280g icing sugar
2-3 tbsp milk
1tsp vanilla extract
Few drops food colouring of your choice
- Beat the butter in a large bowl until soft.
- Add half of the icing sugar and beat until smooth on a low speed to begin with. Cover your bowl with a cloth if you want to avoid your kitchen countertop with sugar all over.
- Add the remaining icing sugar and one tablespoon of the milk and beat the mixture until creamy and smooth. Beat in the milk, if necessary, to loosen the mixture. I used 2.5 tbsp in all.
- Stir in the food colouring until well combined.
- Transfer to a piping bag and use a spatula to frost your cakes.
- This can frost one 8 inch cake or 12 cupcakes.
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,
26 thoughts on “Classic ButterCream Recipe”
super simple frosting. Book marking this. Love the yellow color and thats my favorite.
Wow 😀👍🏼thanks dear
Thank you for visiting my space Trupti. Wow !! the recipe sounds like a perfect tip in proportion 🙂 Glad to connect with you.
Thank you for visiting my space Trupti. Wow !! the proportions seems like a perfect tip. Glad to connect with you .
Same here Sandhya! nice to connect. your photos are brilliant.. I wish I can do even do half of what you do; Ill be thrilled..
Reblogged this on MAXIMUSOPTIMUSDOMINUS.
😊😊👍🏼very good morning
and to you too sweetness <3 xx
ohhhh!those lovely yellow crowns on the cakes .marvellous.
You are marvellous. I am so lucky to have you!
Beautiful frosting dear 🙂
Very nive frosting trupti 😊
Trupti dear it’s outstanding and lovely recipe
Thank you so much 🙂
So good! loved the rosettes!! buttercream frosting is simply the best amongst all the frostings
🙂 thank you Freda! It is definitely one of the easiest 🙂
Gorgeous frosting Trupti. It is always a struggle to keep the frosting stiff. Love the 1:2 formula. Will keep that in mind. Thanks for sharing 👍☺
Thanks dear! So very welcome ☺️
Frosting’s have been my fear. I run away from them, apart from a simple chocolate ganache.
This seems a very simple and amazing recipe. I must try! THankyou.
Hope this helps me to get over my fear!
I hope this gives you success 🙂
I hope too! haha 🙂