It is a special day for me today. 7 years ago, my husband and I promised to officially tie the knot & took a big leap. Our friends & family stood up for us and celebrated our togetherness. We have come a long way since then and it has been great.
With two events to celebrate, I am sharing with you a super simple and easy cake recipe. It comes along with the goodness of Nutella and it is totally eggless 🙂 This is so quick – an hour or less from preparation, baking to eating it. Also a great way to use up all the ripe bananas in your fruit basket.
2 medium sized ripe bananas
50g or approx. 5 tblsp of sugar
90ml or 6 tblsp oil
250ml or 1 cup milk, room temperature
275g or 2.5 cups all purporse flour
2.5 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Chocolate chips, as required
6 tblsp Nutella
- Preheat the oven at 160 deg C and line a muffin tin. You could also use a normal cake pan or a loaf pan. Make sure you grease your pans properly.
- In a bowl, puree ripe bananas along with sugar. Mix in the oil, nutella and milk.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and soda.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and tip in the banana mixture. Fold in till everything is moistened.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop in the batter into the prepared pan
- Bake for about 20 minutes, if using a muffin pan. It will take longer to cook approx. 30 mins if using a loaf pan.
- Check with toothpick for doneness.
- Remove from oven and cool the cakes in the pan for a few minutes.
- Lift it out gently and cool completely on the rack.
This recipe gave me 12 muffins and 6 cakelettes. Do give it try and let me know how it turned out for you.
Do visit my Facebook page My Culinary Saga and Like the page to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,