Banana and Nutella Eggless Cakelettes
It is a special day for me today. 7 years ago, my husband and I promised to officially tie the knot & took a big leap. Our friends & family stood up for us and celebrated our togetherness. We have come a long way since then and it has been great.
I am excited for another reason as well. Remember my post on Homemade Spinach Pasta and Mushroom Sauce. I won! I won! 🙂 Thank you Kriti@ Krispy Kadhai for the opportunity and liking it so much.
With two events to celebrate, I am sharing with you a super simple and easy cake recipe. It comes along with the goodness of Nutella and it is totally eggless 🙂 This is so quick – an hour or less from preparation, baking to eating it. Also a great way to use up all the ripe bananas in your fruit basket.
2 medium-sized ripe bananas
50g or approx. 5 tbsp of sugar
90ml or 6 tbsp oil
250ml or 1 cup milk, room temperature
275g or 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
2.5 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Chocolate chips, as required
6 tbsp Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 160 deg C and line a muffin tin. You could also use a normal cake pan or a loaf pan. Make sure you grease your pans properly.
- In a bowl, puree ripe bananas along with sugar. Mix in the oil, Nutella and milk.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and soda.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and tip in the banana mixture. Fold in till everything is moistened.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan
- Bake for about 20 minutes, if using a muffin pan. It will take longer to cook approx. 30 mins if using a loaf pan.
- Check with toothpick for doneness.
- Remove from oven and cool the cakes in the pan for a few minutes.
- Lift it out gently and cool completely on the rack.
This recipe gave me 12 muffins and 6 cakelettes. Do give it try and let me know how it turned out for you.
Do visit my Facebook page My Culinary Saga, like & subscribe the page to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,
23 thoughts on “Banana and Nutella Eggless Cakelettes”
Bananas and nutella yumm
thank you dear 🙂
Thank you dear 🙂
so good 🙂 yummilicious!
Oh. Wow. So good. Congrats
Thank you Ritu ☺️
My son love nutella thus s perfect for him yum yum
Thanks a ton for stopping by , Vidya 🙂 I hope you try them !
Looks good Trupti 🙂
Thank you Nandini 😘
Happy Anniversary dear 🙂 These cakelettes are too good!
Thanks for your wishes CH 🙂 This pan is currently my fav 😀
Reblogged this on MAXIMUSOPTIMUSDOMINUS.
Compliments are in order 😉
> for the post …
> for the anniversary …
> and for the win!!!
Thats so sweet of you 😀 Thanks Joe! Have a fantastic weekend!
Ditto to you T 😉
Lovely recipe!! Sounds so much fun! Wish you a very happy anniversary dearie 😘😘
Thank you so much dear 🙂 yes fun and easy recipe.. 🙂
Hi there, they look like great treats for Christmas!
Oh, I simply adore great pictures of food! This looks so tasty.
Here’s a Christmas freebie for you:
The link below takes you to a short article, which shows how you can easily obtain your gift. (but…if you’re suspicious that’s there’s no such thing as a free gift and don’t want to go clicking onto links, you can check it out the other way through my blog, by typing “light-bites for your heart” on the Reader page. It is the most recent blog entitled ‘A Christmas Present For You All’.)
I hope you like it and can have some fun with it. Best wishes for a fantastic Christmas.
By the way, I can’t wait to try out this recipe. It looks delicious! Thanks for sharing it.
Thank you so much 🙂 nice of you to stop by here