Basil Pesto Pasta with Tomatoes
I love to dish up easy and simple recipes for you. When you have to rustle up something special in a moment’s notice – this will certainly save your day. I had a jar full of pesto from a batch I made earlier and had to look up ways of using it up soon. If you have followed my earlier recipe for Braided Pesto Pastry; you will find the recipe to Pesto there. It is unbelievably easy to prepare. Homemade pesto can last upto a week in the refrigerator and upto 4 months if freezed. Coming back to the recipe for today – this again is a simple 3 ingredient recipe – pasta, pesto and tomatoes as the name suggests 🙂 .
Here is the recipe to make Basil Pesto Pasta with tomatoes. Enjoy!!
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, finely chopped or crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 thinly sliced tomatoes
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 50g toasted pine nuts, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan
- 25g butter
- 200g penne, linguine or spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- Parmesan shavings, for garnish
- Basil or Parsely, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add a tablespoon of olive oil in the boiling water.
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente approximately 8 – 10 mins. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of starchy pasta water.
- Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, the onion, minced garlic, and a large pinch of salt to a small skillet. Add the pesto and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Toss the pasta with the pesto and a few tablespoons of starchy pasta water. Add more pesto or pasta water, if necessary. You want the pasta to be coated with a nice, smooth layer of pesto. Add the tomatoes. Gently toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with chopped pine nuts and parmesan shavings just before serving.
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Thanks for stopping by!
Love & Hugs,
5 thoughts on “Basil Pesto Pasta with Tomatoes”
This looks delicious!Perfect with that topped up parmesan! love anything with basil 🙂
Thanks so much Freda 🙂
Awesome. My mouth is watering.
Thank you so much 🙂