Golden Beetroot Cutlets
I am keeping it short today and getting directly to the recipe. It is one of those days when I do not really have much to say. The recipe doesn’t really need much of an introduction. The flavours speak for itself. Beetroot and potato cutlets are easy to make and delicious as snacks or starters. Of course it’s super healthy and vegetarian. I love making cutlets since it’s a good way to incorporate all veggies in disguise and present to kids. I have a twinkle in my eye while I watch my eldest girl eating this with joy 🙂 Mission accomplished = Super thrilled Mom!!
1 large golden beetroot, boiled and grated
1 large potato, boiled and grated
½ cup roasted peanuts, crushed
¼ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp red chili powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp dry mango powder
1 green chili, finely chopped
1 tsp, ginger grated
½ cup breadcrumbs
Salt to taste
oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl combine grated beetroot and potato along with all the spices powders, green chili, ginger, crushed peanuts and salt.
- Mix well using hands to make a dough. You should be able to ball it together. If you feel the mixture is loose, add a few crushed bread slices. This will help the mixture to bind.
- Do a taste test to check for seasoning now. Shape them into round cutlets.
- In a another plate, spread the breadcrumbs. ( I used panko breadcrumbs)
- Roll each cutlet on the breadcrumbs and ensure that they are evenly coated on all sides.
- In a frying pan add some oil and shallow fry the cutlets until they are crisp and lightly browned on both sides.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or tomato sauce.
Do give it try and let me know how it turned out for you.
Do visit my Facebook page My Culinary Saga and Like the page to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,