The fragrance of fall is in the air. Wild Blackberries are in abundance & it is a sign of onset of autumn in Denmark. One of the pleasures of being here is that you have so many play parks around that are home to these wild berries and you are free to pluck and eat as much as you want. 🙂 With the Danish summer, I suggest you run outside and get these plucking as soon as you see the sun shining. You never know how long it’s going to last. For years now we have enjoyed berry plucking together as a family and I get to dish up some yummy goodness from our harvest. This one is a breeze to make and looks so elegant.
1 rolled sheet of Puff Pastry
2 tbsp powdered sugar for dusting
2 tbsp milk
For the Filling:
3 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup fresh blackberries
- Preheat the oven at 180°C.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry and cut into 4-inch (10 cm) squares. Keep it refrigerated until use.
For the Filling:
- In a thick bottom saucepan, combine sugar, corn-starch and cinnamon. You might have to adjust the sugar depending how tart the berry is.
- Add the blackberries and toss gently.
- Cook over high heat, stirring often, for 3 to 5 minutes. Then simmer over medium heat for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer to bowl; cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Remove the puff pastry from the refrigerator.
- Place heaping tablespoonful filling in centre of each sqaure. Brush the pastry edges with a little milk; fold over and seal to make triangles.
- Brush the top with milk to give it an even browning effect.
- Place on greased baking sheets and bake at 180°C for 20 minutes or until golden brown and flaky.
- Set on a cooling rack for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar on top.
Tip: If you wish you can make this ahead of time up to the stage of assembling the turnovers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or for up to 8 hours.
Thanks again for visiting. Enjoy and have a nice day!
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,