Mango Cheesecake – No Bake & Eggless
This post is a feature for my good friend Aruna. Do check out her extensive collection of recipes and different cuisines on Aahaaram. and make sure you subscribe to her Facebook page here: @Aahaaram . It is super impressive and absolutely reflects her love for cooking and trying out new things. I have known Aruna a little over two years now through my blogging journey and though we haven’t met in person, know her as someone with a strong personality, command and yet extremely caring and empathic. It is pleasure to do this post for you Aruna. Thanks for the opportunity and hope you love this one.
Link to the recipe on Aahaaram: No Bake, Eggless Mango Cheesecake
Summer in Europe is a good time of the year. Everything a little easier, light, fresh, colourful, and a little breezy. Spending more time with friends and family is even more fun.
No doubt summer food is the best. The veggies and the fruits are all so fresh and delicious around this time of year. Back home the arrival of mangoes to the markets was a sign that summer is here to stay. If you have known me for long now, you should know I love mangoes and love anything with mango. As much as, I would have loved to feature more recipes with mangoes – the unavailability of this fruit here has restricted my attempts. However, after 8 long years of being away from homeland, my little town in Denmark now offers some fresh and gorgeous Indian Mangoes. What a delight it is to relish them – Home away from Home.
I am using some of these luscious and juicy mangoes to make a light and silky cheesecake. Pureed fresh mango gives this cheesecake a light texture and subtle tropical fruit flavor making it sensational. What’s special is, that it is a no-bake recipe and eggless too. This recipe uses gelatin but you can substitute with Agar Agar for a vegetarian option. Or totally skip it and squeeze some lime juice instead like in my No Bake Lemon Cheesecake. I made these for a weekend party we hosted and of course disappeared in no time. It is a great make ahead dessert and can stay fresh for 3-4 days.
Do give this one a try and Happy Summer!
For the cheesecake base
250 g digestive biscuits
100 g unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake filling
400 g cream cheese
1 cup or 250 ml whipping cream
1½ cup mango pulp
1 tbsp or 10 g gelatin / agar agar
½ cup or 125 ml hot water
½ tin or 150 g sweetened condensed milk
Sugar (optional if needed)
For the glaze topping
1 cup mango pulp
1 tbsp or 10 g gelatin / agar agar
½ cup or 125 ml hot water
For the cheesecake base:
- Pulse the biscuits in a food processor until you get fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and combine. You know this is ready – when you press the mixture in your hand; it stays in form. If not add a little more melted butter.
- Press this mixture into an 8-inch loose bottom tin or into 12 individual ramekins. Refrigerate it for 10 – 30 mins, while you make the filling for the cheesecake.
For the cheesecake filling:
- Dissolve the gelatin in hot water and set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese, and condensed milk until soft.
- Now combine the mango pulp and warm gelatin mixture well and add to the cream cheese mixture
- In another bowl whip the cream till soft-medium peaks form.
- Fold the cream into the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- At this point check the sweetness and adjust as per taste. Since the mangoes I had were sweet enough, I skipped using more sugar. You could add more condensed milk as needed.
- Pour this mixture over the biscuit base and return it to the fridge to set overnight or 4 hours’ minimum before adding the glaze.
For the glaze topping:
- Dissolve the gelatin in hot water. When bloomed, add it to mango pulp and mix well. Make sure the gelatin is well dissolved. If you wish to avoid gelatin, you can use thickened mango pulp by heating it over medium heat and adding some diluted cornstarch.
- Pour this over the cream layer, making sure it is well set. Refrigerate for another 2 hours or till you serve.
- Garnish with cut mangoes or mint leaves.Enjoy the taste of summer.
I am sharing this at Fiesta Friday
Do subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,
42 thoughts on “Mango Cheesecake – No Bake & Eggless”
Looks lovely! Will have to try this.
Thank you so much. Hope you hear from you how it turned out
This is such perfect time as mango season is in full blast! I need a slice or two, please! 😊 Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday party!
Come over Jhuls 😘… enjoy your weekend 🙂
Thanks. You, too! 😘
No bake? Really? 😀 I’d love to sink my teeth in those! #fiestafriday
Yes totally 😊 thanks Ann happy FF to you too
Ha, I am also planning to make a mango cake soon. As I live in Germany, I also have to wait to see any decent mangos… Thanks for the recipe!
Thank you Jenny and you are most welcome. Do try these. If you manage canned mango pulp works fine too but the pleasure of fresh ones is superb 😋
Mango and cream, a beautiful dessert for the tropics.
I’m making this!
Thanks Tracey 🙂 😘😘
What a beautiful dessert! And, I am sure it tastes as good as it looks-thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much for your lovely comment. It did taste great 😊👌🏼
Great recipe! Beautiful cheesecake! Lovely clicks!
Thank you Megala 🙂
Thank you Di 🙂
Looks absolutely gorgeous!!
Thank you 😊
Nice guest post for Aruna! The cheesecake looks amazing, and it has mangoes in there, Bonus 🙂
Thanks dear I agree mango is always bonus 😊👍🏼
Very nice, Trupti! I love cheesecakes but haven’t tried with mangoes, it’s a great idea! And looks like many of our friends at Fiesta Friday agree. You’ve been voted as one of the top features, congratulations!
Wow that’s awesome. Thank you Angie 😘 I’m super thrilled to hear this..
Wow thank you so much Angie 😘 feels wonderful to be part of FF 😊!
I’m legit drooling right now. Thanks for sharing such a delicious recipe.
You are welcome doll 🙂
Beautiful; eggless and no bake too!! Must try this soon 🙂
😊👍🏼thank you so much
Trupti.. You are one awesome cook 🙂
Thank you so much Vijay 🙂
No bake!! Really??? I will surely give this a try. 🙂
Yes Dhwani 🙂 really and trust me.. its yum 🙂
Mango… mango…. mango …..
I just love any dish using mangoand yours look so yum
I love mangoes too! I am glad you like it so much 🙂 Thanks !
I agree with you, summer is the best time in Europe 🙂 No bake cakes is on my mind from a long time, I have to give this a try, its super tempting 🙂
Thank you so much Sapna 🙂 Glad you like it
Do try and let me know how it works out for you!
Oh my goodness!! This is my kind of dessert can have it anytime if the day 😉
Thank you Soniya 🙂
Will the same recipes work with strawberries?
Yes you can check my post on strawberry cheesecake too