Olive & Onion Bread
This Olive & Onion Bread easy recipe delivers a moist, flavoursome bread. Perfect for dripping in a bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
I love baking bread and the smell of bread baking. The beauty of a golden loaf cooling on a rack is a temptation that few can resist. Homemade bread has an appeal far beyond just taste. I see it as one of the simple pleasures of life realizing it isn’t difficult at all!
I’ll admit it: Baking is scary if you haven’t done much of it before. Especially baking with yeast. It isn’t when you focus on enjoying the experience. This Olive & Onion Bread is such a great recipe from Paul Hollywood that I just have to share it with you. It makes fluffy, light, deliciously tasty olive bread.
Here is how to bake Olive & Onion bread at home:
500g strong white flour
55ml olive oil
20g fresh yeast
170g black Greek olives, pitted and chopped
1 onion sliced
- Mix all ingredients, apart from the olives & onions, in a large bowl. Take care not to put the yeast in direct contact with the salt when they are first added to the bowl.
- Knead well with your hands and knuckles until the dough is elastic, smooth, and shiny or in a stand mixer. Cover with a piece of cling film and leave to rise for one hour.
- Divide the dough into two and add half of the olives & onions into each.
- Mould both the doughs into rough round shapes and press firmly down. Sprinkle white flour lightly over the top and mark them with a cross.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and prove for one hour in a warm place.
- Bake at 220C for 30 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Enjoy the pleasure that comes from making a great loaf of bread. What’s better than freshly baked bread? Sharing it with someone dear to you, of course!
For more recipes, try:
Sign up with your email and do subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Instagram Handle: @my_culinary_saga
Love & Hugs,
2 thoughts on “Olive & Onion Bread”
Everyone at my house would definitely be eating this yummy bread! 🫒🧅🍞
I’m so happy to hear that! Let me know if you bake it