Heart Beet(root) Scones
Make your Valentine’s heart skip a “beet” with this amazing all-natural Heart Beetroot Scone.
In the spirit of all things red and pink, there should be at least one beet recipe to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Who doesn’t recognize how effective the colour of beetroot can be? So, I took a plunge to make a basket of freshly baked beetroot scones. Sounds a bit odd as Valentine’s treat, right? But I say, what better way to say, “I love you” with these heart-shaped scones.
My very own ‘Heart Beetroot Scones’ are so gorgeously pink and so good to eat either as a savory treat or with marmalade & cream as a dessert. The best way to eat your beets is to incorporate them into fun and tasty dishes.
Beets are finally getting the “superfood” status they deserve due to the ways they can nourish our bodies.
Uncomplicated ingredients handled with love – Here is how to make Heart Beetroot Scones at home.
280g gluten-free all-purpose flour or regular APF
50g cane sugar or caster sugar
60g cold butter cut into small cubes or vegan margarine
Pinch of salt
1tsp baking soda
85ml fresh beetroot juice
60g pistachios, chopped
60g sunflower seeds
Milk/almond milk for brushing
- Preheat oven at 18 Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and blend it together with the flour. Use a pastry blender or in a food processor, pulsing it a couple of times. The mixture should look like coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the beet juice into the flour and butter mixture until just combined.
- Pour in the chopped pistachios, and sunflower seeds. And mix the mixture until it comes together. Do not knead the dough.
- Divide the dough and pat it into a disk. Cut the disk into 6 slices or any shape using a cutter.
- Place the scones on a parchment-lined sheet pan and brush each with some milk or cream.
- Place the oven rack in the middle. Bake the scones at 180ºC for 15 minutes, then serve them with yogurt, whipped cream, or marmalade. Enjoy!
For more scone recipe: Rosemary Cheese Scones
More Beetroot recipes:
Sign up with your email and do subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Instagram Handle: @my_culinary_saga
Love & Hugs,
2 thoughts on “Heart Beet(root) Scones”
Wow! Beautiful scones!
Thank you 😄🥰