Eggless Blackberry Cake
Summer and fall have been exchanging places and I can start to feel the chill on my cheeks. The summer is stepping back and there is not a hint of sadness coz’ I love Autumn with its red and gold painting a picturesque landscape. The apples in my garden have gotten their touch of blush and look gorgeous as well. But if you have read my earlier post on Blackberry Turnover recipe, you probably know that I had insane amounts of blackberries. So to use them up, I have another delicious recipe. This time; a simple yet comforting cake 🙂
What is great with this recipe; is that you can switch with the berries you love, so make it your own. Make this decadent cake recipe for a brunch or tea time. It is also a great make ahead cake – it tastes better the day after 🙂
190 ml buttermilk
200 g all-purpose flour
160 g caster sugar
5 g baking soda
5 g ground nutmeg
5 g ground cinnamon
45 g butter; melted
60 g fresh blackberries
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C.
- Grease and flour a 10 inch round cake pan.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the buttermilk and set aside.
- Weigh out the sugar, flour, ground nutmeg, ground cinnamon and mix well. Leave some part of the flour out to toss with the blackberries. This will help the berries from sinking to the bottom of the pan and evenly distributed through the cake when baked.
- Stir in the melted butter into the buttermilk mixture.
- Pour this buttermilk mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until evenly mixed.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold as desired.
Enjoy and thanks for stopping by again.
Love & Hugs,
P.S: Check out my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga and do not forget to like and subscribe for more delicious updates in your inbox. Your comments are valuable to me so keep them coming 🙂 Is autumn setting in your part of the world too?