Classic Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
If you haven’t had a Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting before – you have missed out on one awesome dessert in life. And I am making a bold statement claiming that this is the best Classic carrot cake with cream cheese frosting recipe out there. It’s easy to make, moist and delicious, and a definite “wow” factor on your table.
This Classic carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is just plain crazy- tasty, rich, dense, super-moist, and everyone goes nuts for it. You know my fascination of adding fruits to cakes, but when it comes to adding veggies – carrots win hands down. With Easter around the corner, carrot cake is such an incredible dessert to make but can be enjoyed all year long. For years now, I have followed this easy recipe from Betty Crocker and it has never failed me. It is a flexible recipe and allows the addition of raisins or coconut if desired. I love it more since it uses less frosting and the cream cheese cuts the richness and balances the cake beautifully. The current trend for “naked” cakes works wonderfully with this cake.
We have our travel plans set for Easter and starting our break with this gorgeous classic cake. What are your plans and which dessert do you plan to make? Let me know in the comments below.
If you haven’t planned on one – this is your go to recipe! Easy to make Classic Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
For the Carrot cake:
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 cups shredded carrots (5 medium)
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
For the cream cheese frosting:
250g cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup icing sugar *
Pinch of nutmeg powder, if desired
*(I add less sugar to my frosting because we prefer it less sweet. Add up to another cup if you like it sweeter)
- Heat oven to 180°C. Grease the bottom of two 8-inch or 9-inch round pans
- In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, oil and eggs until blended.
- Mix carrots and chopped walnuts with flour until well coated.
- Add cinnamon powder, baking soda, vanilla and the salt and combine well with the flour mixture
- Now add the liquid batter to the carrot mixture along with nuts and combine well with cut and fold method
- Pour into greased pans
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- Cool on cooling rack for approx. 1 hour
- Meanwhile in medium bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla, nutmeg powder with electric mixer on low speed until smooth
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar on low speed until smooth and spreadable.
- Frost the cake as desired and serve
Enjoy! Wish you all a wonderful Easter break.
For more cake ideas, try:
Sign up with your email and do subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,