This impressive dessert has a reputation of being temperamental just like the tricky macarons. Trust me, it is not. Not even close. It is quite simple. This light baked dessert is a treat to the eyes and your palette. The soufflé gets it signature height with stiffly beaten egg whites. It can be served as a savoury main dish or as a dessert. Today I go with chocolate.
15g unsalted butter
15g all-purpose flour
40g semisweet chocolate chips, or chopped chocolate
30g granulated sugar
2 eggs, separated
80 ml whole milk
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Extra granulated sugar and
Melted butter for ramekins
- Brush melted butter inside of ramekins and dust with caster sugar. Make sure ramekins are generously coated with sugar. Set aside.
- To make the Béchamel Sauce: Melt butter in a sauce pan and add flour and cook for 1 min on low heat. Add in hot milk and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Cook until thick stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate and stir until melted.
- Then separate the eggs and add in egg yolks all at once and vanilla extract and stir until combined.
- To make the French Meringue: Whisk egg whites until you get soft peaks. And gradually add in sugar while whisking. Whip until you have stiff peaks.
- Add about half of meringue to chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Then pour the chocolate mixture into meringue and delicately fold until combined, turning the bowl. Be gentle here, you do not want to deflate your batter.
- Spoon the batter into the ramekins to the top. Then clean the rim with your thumb. This ensures that the soufflé will rise evenly.
- Bake at 180 C. for about 15 to 18 min, or until puffed and crusted on top.
- Serve warm immediately – a soufflé waits for none! 🙂
Do give it a try and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Thanks for stopping by!
Love & Hugs,
12 thoughts on “Chocolate Soufflé”
Lovely recipe..would love to try it
Thanks dear! Do let me know how it turns out when you do 🙂 send me a pic
Sure will do
So majestically risen! Gorgeous souffles Trupti
Thanks a ton! :*
Waaav.simply marvellous.fantastic picture.
Thanks a ton maa
Seems like you are the queen of desserts <3 I will learn a lot for sure 🙂
Thats very sweet of you to say! I love making desserts. that is true 🙂 Thanks for stopping by
splendid and yum
😛 I wish you were here!