Ferrero Rocher Rum Cake
I am ending this month on a sweet note with this gorgeous Ferrero Rocher Rum Cake. It has been a lovely month with travel, friends, good laughs, more sweet memories and not to forget a beautiful birthday.
I love going over the top with our birthday cakes, hence decided to up a normal chocolate cake with new techniques and more flavours. So, this time my birthday cake was laced with rum, then filled and covered with a glossy chocolate ganache that melted in the mouth. To make it irresistible to chocoholics, I added Ferrero Rocher on top. You can imagine by the sound of it what a delicious and rich cake it must have been. 🙂
Let me take you right to how to make this delicious and decadent Ferrero Rocher Rum Cake. If you are a non-alcoholic skip the rum – it won’t taste any less good.
200g plain or dark chocolate
100g cubed unsalted butter
3 large eggs, separated
100g dark muscovado sugar
50ml dark rum
75g sifted self-raising flour
50g ground almonds
Pinch of salt
6 Ferrero Rochers for decoration
For the ganache filling and icing:
225g plain chocolate /dark chocolate
200ml double cream
30 g butter
4 Ferrero Rochers
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease 2 round cake tins to make 2 layers or you can bake in one round tin and cut the cake in half to layer it.
- Line the base with non-stick baking paper.
- In a microwaveable bowl, break the chocolate into pieces and melt with the butter for approx. 1 min. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the egg yolks and the sugar into a large bowl and whisk until pale and creamy.
- Next add the cooled chocolate mixture and the rum and mix well.
- Now gently fold in the flour, salt and the ground almonds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry, then lightly fold into the mixture.
- Turn the prepared batter into the tin and gently level the surface.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until well risen and the top of the cake springs back when lightly pressed in the centre with a finger.
- Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes. Then turn out on a wiring rack, peel off the parchment and let cool completely.
- To make the ganache filling and icing, bring the cream and butter to a boil in a saucepan.
- Pour this hot liquid on top of the chopped chocolate and let sit for 5 mins. The heat will melt the chocolate.
- Add the rum and mix well and set aside till the ganache sets at room temperature.
- To assemble layer of ganache on the cake and top with the other cake round. Decorate as you desire and top with ferrero rocher. I made rossettes with the ganache. Enjoy!
To try my other boozy cakes:
Chocolate whiskey cake with caramel glaze
Boozy red wine cake with red wine ganache
Sign up with your email and do subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Instagram Handle : @my_culinary_saga
Join Fiesta Friday #265 with co-hosts’ Laurena @ Life Diet Health and Kat @ Kat’s 9 Lives.
Love & Hugs,
4 thoughts on “Ferrero Rocher Rum Cake”
Ooooh, that looks so good! It is decadent and delicious and all things sinful!
I would love to grab a bite of that cake right off the screen. 🙂
I wish I could send you a piece right off the screen! that would be so cool right? thank you so much for enjoying this sinful cake 😛 Happy FF to you.
This cake looks elegant and super yummy! Thanks for sharing & happy Fiesta Friday!
Thank you Jhuls ! Happy FF to you too