Classic Pannacotta with Strawberry Sauce
I wonder why I haven’t featured this Classic Pannacotta with Strawberry Sauce before on the blog. Ever wondered how an exotic looking dessert can take only 10 mins to put together. If I have to list why this is such a perfect dessert for any occasion, I could write pages. To sum it up simply, this Italian dessert is:
- Light, refreshing and fruity
- flavourful, elegant and presentable
- quick and easy to make &
- great make-ahead dessert
Pannacotta needs no introduction, but it is simply cooked cream which can be paired with any flavouring of your choice. I have many recipes on my blog that you are welcome to check out.
Today I share a classic pannacotta with Strawberry sauce a little bit tart which cuts the sweetness. It is best to serve them as individual servings. Not only does it make it look so presentable, sophisticated, and but helps with portion control
Here is how to make this Classic Pannacotta with Strawberry Sauce:
For the Panna Cotta
500 ml Full fat Cream
½ cup Milk
3 gelatin leaves or 2 tsp of agar agar powder
½ cup of sugar
Pinch of salt
1teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Strawberry Sauce
1 cup strawberries (sliced and divided)
3 tablespoons of granulated white sugar
¼ cup of water
1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp gelatin or agar-agar powder
To make the panna cotta:
- In a small bowl pour the milk and sprinkle the gelatin/agar-agar evenly over the milk. Let it soak for 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream, sugar, vanilla extract and bring to a low boil. Let simmer for 5 minutes
- After 5 mins, remove the pan from heat and whisk in milk gelatin mixture until it all melted and
- Strain the liquid through a strainer to ensure no undissolved gelatin gets through
- Pour into your individual glasses, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. While the pannacotta sets, make the strawberry sauce.
To make the strawberry sauce:
- Dissolve gelatin/agar-agar in water for 5 mins and set aside
- Add strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and water to a small saucepan and bring to a slow boil. Let it simmer for 5 – 7 minutes until it is soft and mushy.
- Add the gelatin to the strawberry mixture and mix well.
- Remove from heat and sieve through a strainer to remove seeds
- Let it cool slightly and then spoon over the set
- Refrigerate again until ready to serve. Garnish with strawberries. Enjoy!
For more Pannacotta recipes:
Gulkand Pannacotta with Paan shots
Do try this recipe and also, visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Instagram Handle: @my_culinary_saga
Have a lovely week ahead.
Love & Hugs,
1 thought on “Classic Pannacotta with Strawberry Sauce”
Looks divine 👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼