Mango and Coconut Pannacotta
Panna cotta is an Italian dessert made from sweetened and thickened cream and other added flavorings. It is perfect to beat the summer heat. But then, any season or time is a good time to devourer this. This simple yet elegant cream dessert tastes brilliant with any fruit compote.
I made these elegant individual portions of delicious Mango and Coconut Panna Cotta for my daughter’s birthday party. They were an instant hit, I can proudly say. The texture was perfect and the combination of mango with coconut worked brilliantly. It is a great make ahead dessert and definitely a crowd pleaser. Indulge yourself 🙂
1 cup mango puree
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp cream
3 tbsp water
2 tsp gelatin
COCONUT CREAM LAYER
1 cup cream
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp water
2 tsp gelatin
- Take 3 tbsp hot water and gelatin into it. Stir well and ensure it dissolves completely. Set it aside.
- In a deep non-stick pan mix sugar, vanilla essence and cream
- Bring to a boil making sure that you stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and add coconut milk to the cream mixture.
- At this point add the gelatin and mix well.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve to ensure all gelatin has dissolved and no clumps set in, in the serving bowl.
- Spread a layer of coconut cream in your serving bowl or ramekin and refrigerate for minimum 30 minutes or until set.
- For the mango layer, dissolve gelatin in hot water and set aside.
- Heat mango puree and cream just until warm.
- Add sugar as per your preference here, depending on how sweet the mango puree is.
- Add gelatin to it and combine.
- Spread a layer of the mango cream over the set coconut cream layer.
- Refrigerate again until well set.
- Garnish with chocolate and serve chilled.
Enjoy and please do leave a comment if you stop by here. I love to hear from you.
Do visit my Facebook page My Culinary Saga and Like the page to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,
44 thoughts on “Mango and Coconut Pannacotta”
Delicious dessert for any occasion:)
Right Lina 🙂 it’s so mild , yet rich and 😋
Have missed you around . Where have you been Lina? Busy with Christmas preps
Haha…actually I had internals…will post something today…I posted a recipe for chicken dum biryani
Yup saw that yesterday 🙂 was actually wondering if there a pic after you opened the Dum 😋
Actually guest were there at home, so I felt odd to take a pic when we opened…it was also one of my very earlier posts…I’ll send pics the next time I make
But do try it…I have given an accurate method ☺☺
Surely Lina! It was on the menu tonight anyways . Hubby loves my biryani 🙂 will try to take some clicks
I would love to try a version of your recipe too…plz do post it sometime..and do try this version too☺☺☺ I’ll be more than happy to see diff biryani varieties
Very creative 🙂
Thanks Nandini 😘
delicious! did coconut milk seperate into 2 laters ?
Hi , thanks 🙂 – not quite clear – but the first coconut cream is supposed to set firm before the mango layer is poured over to get 2 separate layers 🙂
Love playing around with different flavors on top of a traditional milky silky panna cotta , love yours with the beautiful color contrasts and decor!
Thanks a ton dear 🙂
You and me love mango in anything 😀 this looks super yum and indulgent!
Yes yes yes 🙂 love mango 🙂 thanks dear
Wow… looking so so so beautiful 🙂
Thanks sweetie 🙂
Reblogged this on MAXIMUSOPTIMUSDOMINUS.
Wow so beautiful and mango yumm
:* :* thank you so much !
This is totally lovely wow
This looks soo good, and mango and coconut sound like a match made in heaven.
Thank you Suzanne ☺️ and for stopping by here..
I love mangoes! These look heavenly.
Thank you so much 🙂 I love mangoes so much
Me too 😍😍😍😍
This panna cotta looks and sounds divine! The combination of mango and coconut has me drooling.
Thank you so much Lis 🙂
it sure is an excellent combination
Is there any replacement for gelatin?
Hi Shefali – you can use agar agar. It sets faster than gelatin too 🙂
Is there any replacement for gelatin
Gorgeous dessert!! Your kid must have loved it 🙂
Thanks! Yes totally:)
I have never really tried making Panacotta. I love the tropical flavors of Mango and Coconut. Seems like I might like this Panacotta
I’m sure you will 😉 do try it