What happens when a great tasting nutritional fruit is made into a dessert! Heaven right 🙂 And you will love it even more when you know it is an eggless treat. If you know me by now, you know I love the addition of fruits in my cakes. This time it is KIWI. The kiwi is an excellent source of vitamin C and potassium.
It is the first time, I have tried this recipe or even using this fruit in a cake but I am absolutely thrilled with the result. The cake itself turned out to be so moist and delicious. What I loved the most was the crunch the little kiwi seeds gave to it. The original recipe called for 1 egg but I replaced that with an overripe banana 🙂 So you are free to choose what you like.
A definite try my bakers. 🙂 It is a hearty treat on a cold day with a warm cup of tea or coffee.
SERVINGS: 10 muffins
1 cup all-purpose flour
1⁄2 cup sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 pinch of salt
1 egg / 1 ripe banana
1⁄2 cup milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 kiwi fruits, peeled and pureed
- Weigh and combine all the dry ingredients. Sift through a sieve – this helps to get a much lighter muffin.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg or pureed banana, milk, pureed kiwi, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Fill paper lined muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake at 180 degrees C for 15-19 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from the pan to a wire rack.
- Enjoy it warm with a hot cuppa’coffee. 🙂
Enjoy and thanks for stopping by again. Do give it a try and share your success stories with me on my blog here or on my facebook page: My Culinary Saga.
Like, comment & subscribe for more delicious updates in your inbox. Your comments are valuable to me so keep them coming 🙂
Love & Hugs,