Phew! August is long gone but what a lovely month it was for us. One of the busiest month I have had work wise, travel and all included. Not that September is any different. You can tell by how late I am to update you on this. The good thing about August, I was on a baking spree and was raining cakes my home. We hosted a whole lot of guests over the last few weeks. My little girl turned 4 and the glamour girl rightfully demanded ‘Makeup themed cakes’ for her birthday. It meant a lot of baking and lot of CAKE TIME!!! Yeah… 🙂
I had taken on, one of the biggest challenge creating these theme cakes but must admit I had so much fun making them with tiny fondant details. Guess these were my best ever creations.
Here are some of the pictures from my daughter’s birthday party.
Trust me the outcome was brilliant and my girls were gleaming with pride and happiness with what was served to them. So, she had not 1, but 3 birthday parties – yes that’s right and for each one she had a differently designed theme cake. I will add a few pictures for you to see. Hope you like them. For the final party, I decided to serve a variety with my Eggless Chocolate cupcakes, Eggless Sponge cakes, and mini caramel cakes. Personally, for me, the caramel cakes were the best of all.
These mini caramel cakes are so rich, buttery and creamy. Like always, so simple to make. The brown sugar in the recipe lends more to the caramel flavor to make these even more irresistible. Here is how you make them. 🙂
Makes 12 cupcakes or 24 mini cupcakes
2 ½ cups or 300g Self-raising flour
1 cup tightly packed or 213g Dark brown sugar
1 1/4 cups or 310ml Buttermilk*
6 tbsp or 90g unsalted Butter, melted
1 Egg, lightly beaten
½ cup or 80g of Caramel bits or Toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a mini muffin tray with liners or grease with cooking spray or melted butter.
- Whisk buttermilk, melted butter and egg together. If you do not have buttermilk handy – here is how to make buttermilk in a jiffy.*Take 200 ml of milk and add 3 tbsp vinegar to it. Stir and set it aside for 15 mins.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Then stir in the brown sugar and caramel bits.
- Add the wet ingredients to flour, mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Divide mixture evenly between muffin pans until three-quarters full.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until golden in colour. Do the toothpick test to check the doneness.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack.
Enjoy! Do subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Have a good weekend!
Love & hugs,