Quick Bhuna Chicken
Busy weeknights might make cooking a hassle and a time-consuming process. But with my quick Chicken Bhuna curry, I promise you, you get a delicious yet quick dinner. This flavourful dish is a brilliant classic with a lovely kick of spices and tender juicy chicken. I personally prefer meat with bone for this preparation but you could alternatively use boneless chicken thighs. I must give credit to my dear friend Meghna for sharing this yummy quick chicken fry recipe with me. It has become a family favourite.
This easy dish is so quick to rustle up, you can have it ready on the dinner table in less than an hour. It can be enjoyed with Naan, rotis or just rice.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 green capsicum, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 700gms chicken with bone, cut into small pieces
- Salt to taste
- 100ml natural yogurt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Coriander and lemon slices to garnish
- Steamed basmati rice to serve
- In a pan, heat oil. When the oil is hot add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Then add onions, ginger garlic paste and saute. The onions should be lightly brown.
- Add the finely chopped capsicum and saute for approx. 3 mins on medium heat.
- Add the dry spices – turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder and saute until the raw smell disappears.
- At this point add chopped tomatoes or puree. Fry for another 3 minutes until the mixture leaves oil from the sides.
- Stir in the chicken, season well with salt and cover to cook. Do not add water at this point. The chicken will cook in its own juices.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is tender and you achieve a thick sauce/gravy
- Add yoghurt and a little water to prepare the gravy consistency as per your liking.
- Serve garnished with coriander with lemon slices and steamed rice.
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here.
Check out my other chicken recipes on the blog:
Also, visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Have a lovely weekend.
Love & Hugs,