For Green Chutney:
½ cup Fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
1 cup Fresh coriander leaves roughly chopped
1 tablespoon Bengal gram roasted
5 Garlic cloves (small)
½ inch Ginger
2 Green chillies
1 medium Onion
Salt to taste
Juice of 1 lemon
250 grams Paneer or cottage cheese
1 tablespoon Oil for frying
2 teaspoons Besan or gram flour
- To make chutney, put mint leaves, coriander leaves, roasted Bengal gram, garlic, ginger and green chillies in a mixer jar. Chop the onion roughly and add to the mixer along with 4-5 tbsps water and salt and grind till smooth. Transfer into a bowl, add lemon juice and mix well.
- Thickly slice cottage cheese and slit the slices without cutting through.
- Coat and fill the slit cottage cheese slices with the chutney. Marinate for 30 mins or longer with little gram flour just so it coats the cheese slices thinly. This is to prevent the chutney from burning. Take care that too much flour will make it taste pasty.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan
- Place the slices in the pan, cook till the underside is browned, flip and cook on the other side similarly. alternatively you could skewer them with your favourite veggies and grill them.
- Serve immediately.
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. 🙂
Also visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,