Mango Vermicelli Kheer
With over 153 recipes on my website, I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since I started blogging! It may not seem a lot but I managed it through a full-time job, 2 kids, and everything in between. The fact I’ve been blogging for 5 years feels like a big deal to me because a lot has happened in my life throughout that time. I’ve learned SO much about blogging, food photography and managing a website, and I still have so much to learn.
CHECK OUT MY TOP 5 POSTS:
Bolo de Mel(Honey Madeira Cake)
So, to celebrate this achievement I have a simple and easy to make sweet, Mango Vermicelli Kheer. My craze for mango is not unknown. Kheer is a pudding, originating from the Indian subcontinent, made by boiling milk and sugar with either rice or vermicelli. It is usually flavoured with cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashews, pistachios, almonds or other dry fruits and nuts.
The addition of mango adds a very pulpy, juicy and delectable taste to the kheer. Whatever the season, mango is a true star every time. Enjoy the yummy Vermicelli Kheer with the goodness of Mango!
Here is how to make Mango Vermicelli Kheer
4 cups whole milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup canned mango pulp
1 tsp clarified butter or Ghee
3 tbsp cashew nuts
2 tbsp raisins (optional)
¼ tsp cardamom powder
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan, roast cashew nuts and raisins till golden brown and transfer to a plate.
- To the same pan, add vermicelli and roast until light golden brown. Keep aside to cool
- Take milk in a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Once it starts boiling add roasted vermicelli and cook for 3 minutes. Stir continuously
- To this, add sugar, stir well and cook the kheer in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Once the kheer thickens slightly and cardamom powder and saffron strands
- Lastly, add roasted cashew nuts and raisins and stir well
- Remove from flame and set aside to cool
- Once cooled completely add the mango pulp and mix gently
- Refrigerate until serving. Serve chilled.
Enjoy! Also, visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Have a good week.
Love & Hugs,