Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup
Soup makes for quick and easy comfort food, especially when it’s chilly outside. A bowl of thick soup is certainly gratifying, warming us inside and out. Today on the menu is Sweet Corn Vegetable soup guaranteed to delight your taste buds.
And did I mention, like most of the recipes I share with you all, this corn soup is incredibly easy to make, oil-free, vegan, and comes together in less than 30 minutes in one pot?
The recipe itself is extremely forgiving and thus can be easily adjusted to whatever ingredients are present within your reach.
Here is my quick way to make Sweet Corn Vegetable soup.
1/2 tin or 200 g of corn
3 cups vegetable stock / 1 stock cube dilute in 3 cups of water
1/2 cup finely chopped cabbage
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1/ 2 cup finely chopped french beans
1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
1 tbsp green chilli sauce
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp cornflour
1tsp soy sauce
1 spring onion, finely sliced for garnish
White / Black Pepper powder
Salt as per taste
- Crush half of the boiled corn or from a can in a blender and add that to the stock mixture
- In a pan add the stock, crushed corn, veggies and rest of the corn to simmer on medium heat for 4-5 minutes. ( to make a non-vegetarian version, just add, boiled shredded chicken pieces after the veggies are cooked.)
- Add salt, pepper, soy sauce, green chilli sauce and vinegar to the soup mix. Stir to combine
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in 1/3 cup of cold / room temperature Whisk it well until blended. Make sure there are no lumps in the cornflour mixture.
- Stir into the hot soup mix and combine well
- Finally, add in chopped spring onions and mix to combine.
- Check for seasoning & add sugar if you like and mix it well.
I sometimes add a lightly salted and beaten egg to the boiling soup for an egg drop look. Certainly adds to the taste.
For other soup recipes: https://myculinarysaga.com/category/soups/
Sign up with your email and do subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,