Gluten Free Sponge Cake
Gluten-Free Sponge Cake
I decided the other day to make something delicious and simple. What can be simpler than a Sponge Cake right? But I decided to challenge myself and experiment with some gluten free sponge cake baking. What a difference your choice of flour makes to a bake? I wanted to know if I could achieve the same soft spongy texture as I get with my Classic Sponge Cake. And suprisingly, it did. So, I want to share with you, how to make the best Gluten Free Sponge Cake.
There’s unusual techniques, tips, and tricks, from flours, leaveners, temperatures, times, and more to take care of, while baking gluten free. Thankfully, gluten-free baking has been around long enough for all Gluten-free connoisseurs who have dedicated copious amounts of stellar research just for you and me to be able to enjoy our favorite fresh from the oven indulgences…without much conversion hassle.
I guarantee you, with this simple recipe, you will confidently step into the kitchen and whip up a batch of gluten-free goodness.
So, how do you feel? Hopefully, better and ready to take on the gluten-free game.
Keep calm & Bake on – Here is how to make the best Gluten free Sponge Cake, My Culinary Saga way!
65 gr. Rice Flour
25 gr. Corn Flour / Corn Starch
30 ml. Whole Milk
100 gr. Fine Sugar
22 ml. Vegetable Oil
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla Essence
1 tsp. White vinegar
- Pre-heat your oven at 150°C.
- Now separate the eggs.
- In a bowl, sift and mix all dry ingredients.
- Add egg yolks, sugar, oil, and vanilla essence to it and mix well. Set aside.
- In another clean bowl, add the vinegar to the egg whites and beat until you see soft peaks
- Incorporate egg whites into the mixture a little at a time using a folding method.
- Mix until everything is combined well with no lumps and no flour is visible.
- Pour into a greased baking pan and bake at 150°C for approx. 35 mins.
- After 35 minutes, increase the temperature to 170°C and continue baking for another 3 minutes without opening the oven. Baking time may vary depending on the type and accuracy of your oven.
- Let it cool on a rack for 10 mins – remove from pan and serve
For more Gluten-free Cake recipes, check below:
Please subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Instagram Handle: @my_culinary_saga
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,
3 thoughts on “Gluten Free Sponge Cake”
Sponge cake. Food from the angels. 🌟✨💫
Thanks so much Gail. So true 🙂