Mango Shrikhand or Amrakhand
Mangoes! Mangoes are one of the best parts of summers. A fruit that is loved by most, in any form, any time. If this statement resonates with you then you will surely love the Mango Shrikhand recipe.
One of the most loved Indian desserts, Mango Shrikhand or Amrakhand, as popularly known in Maharashtra, is creamy, easy-to-make and a delight to the senses! Prepared with the puree of ripe mangoes, hung yogurt and lots of nuts, this delectable dessert will be a real treat for your taste buds. It is the perfect summer dessert as it is refreshing, light and light in calories.
I prefer this as a much healthier choice when compared to the other fattening desserts available in the market.
This summer whip up this delicacy at home! Here is how to make rich and luscious Mango Shrikhand or Amrakhand at home.
1 kg thick Greek yogurt
600 ml mango pulp fresh or tinned (this quantity is a guide only. You can adjust with more if you want it sweeter)
¾ cup powdered sugar to taste
1 tsp cardamom powder
1.5 tbsp pistachios slivered
1.5 tbsp almonds slivered
A few strands of saffron
1tbsp warm milk
Pinch of salt
- You will need a very thick yogurt to make Amrakhand and to obtain this you need to make “hung curd”. Hang the yogurt in a muslin cloth in a cool place for approx. 3 hours until all the liquid (whey) has drained off
- Next gently squeeze the excess water from yogurt. Make sure not to squeeze out the yogurt. The hung curd is also called as ‘Chakka’
- If you have Greek Yogurt, skip step 1 & 2
- Combine the saffron and milk in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 mins
- Put the hung curd or Greek yogurt, sugar, puréed mango, saffron and cardamom powder in the bowl and whisk until fluffy and smooth
- Divide into serving cups and decorate with the nuts.
- Refrigerate it for a couple of hours before serving it cold.
For more Recipes with Mango, click below:
Do try this and do not forget to like, comment and share if you like what you see here. Also, visit and subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Instagram Handle : @my_culinary_saga
Have a lovely week.
Love & Hugs,
1 thought on “Mango Shrikhand or Amrakhand”