SPICED APPLE CAKE
SPICED APPLE CAKE
Fall is my favorite season for I enjoy observing the leaves from the trees and plants changing into multi-colored works of art before finally falling away. The bare and vulnerable branches that are created reveal the true and beautiful scenery underneath. Autumn is the season to be thankful and to be surrounded by the people you love. It’s the perfect time to change up your decorations by adding orange, red and yellow colors and to pull out the spice-scented candles. It is also the season for apple picking and apple crunching into delicious crumbles.
As we slip closer towards autumn, apples are ready to be picked! Apples sweeten up with sugar in fall, making them yummy. With my garden apple trees bearing a plentiful, I had to make this simple Spiced Apple Cake. It’s no secret that apples and cinnamon make the best flavor combination. Perfect for teatime. Do give it a try.
3 medium apples
140g or 1 cup whole wheat flour
140g or 1 cup refined flour
160g or 1 cup powdered sugar
½ tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp cinnamon powder
150g melted butter + for greasing
240ml or 1 cup milk (room temperature)
1 tbsp oil
- Preheat oven at 180ºC. Grease a round baking tin with some butter and line with parchment paper
- Sift together wheat flour, refined flour, powdered sugar, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon powder into a bowl. Mix well.
- Wash, peel, roughly chop and puree the apples to a smooth paste. Transfer into a bowl, add melted butter, oil, and milk. Whisk well to combine
- Add the flour mixture gradually and fold till well combined. Check for sweetness at this point. The sweetness may vary depending on how sweet your apples were. Add more as per taste
- Pour the batter in the prepared tin. Tap lightly to release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes approx. Until a toothpick comes out clean when put in the center
- Remove from heat, cool and de-mould from the pan
- Serve with tea or coffee
For more cake recipes, try these:
Sign up with your email and do subscribe to my Facebook Page: My Culinary Saga to get regular yummy updates.
Find me on Pinterest: My Culinary Saga
Love & Hugs,